Take your mark...
News & Events:
Frequently asked questions & answers.
I have a question that isn’t answered here.
- Talk to our coaches and please ask. We’re just getting started with this site so we’re looking for the common questions we can answer here. Thanks!
I’m good with graphics/web design/writing…can I help with the web site?
- Sure, send your info on the contact form so we can get in touch with you. Help is always welcome.
Is the pool heated?
- Yes. We keep the pool heated to 82 degrees.
Why is there a league fee?
- The reason there is a league fee is so that the league can cover extra costs not provided by the costs of joining the team, including, but not limited to, purchasing medals, trophies, insurance,etc.
Why do we need to sign twice when filling out the swim team application?
- The reason you sign the form twice is because the first signature is to certify that the swimmer meets the criteria for involvement with SFRSL, and the second signature is for insurance purposes, and to release personal images for use and for understanding of charges for bounced checks.
Is dryland mandatory
- Dryland is not mandatory, however, when complemented by swimming, it can greatly improve swimmer strength and endurance.
Do I have to attend practice every day
- You do not have to attend practice every day of the week. We recommend that swimmers come at least 3-4 times per week, however, the more you attend the greater you can expect your improvements to be.
Can I attend both practices in one day?
- There are certain cases where this is possible if the coaches feel the swimmers are able to meet the challenge. If you feel this is true for you, ask a coach so that we may discuss and approve it
Do I have to attend all swim meets
- If you can not attend a swim meet, please let the coaches know ASAP in person or via email so that we may adjust races accordingly and so that we know not to expect you. If you do not want to swim in any swim meet you may want to look at our non competitive program.
Am I required to have a cap and goggles for practice and meets?
- It is required to have goggles, and caps are highly recommended. Swimmers with hair longer than 5 inches are required to wear swim caps during practice due to pool filtration requirements. During swim meets it is required to have both cap and goggles to show team spirit and unification
Am I required to buy the team suit?
- You are not required by us to buy the team suit, however we would like you to purchase a similar suit in color and style for meets to show team spirit
What are the requirements to join the Dolphins Elite program?
- The Dolphins Elite program is a special invite only program by the coaches for swimmers that we feel can handle the 2 hour practice, and who are very dedicated to swimming. Before joining Elite, you must go through 1 season of Pre-Elite as a trial period, in which you join the Elite for 1 practice a week. Elite practice is 4 times a week, and you are required to attend 3 practices a week and you must attend all swim meets. If you are not able to attend practices or meets, and you have a good personal reason, we will discuss it. As long as swimmers keep open communication these types of things are acceptable.
How do I participate in daily Family Programs at the pool?
- For daily family programs, there will be associated fees and paperwork for you to fill out, and after that you come at the appointed time and a coach will accompany you for the activity.
How do I participate in extracurricular Family Programs?
- Due to the fact that these activities are extracurricular, they will include small fees, we try to have enough people to get group discounts, and all you have to do is show up eager to have fun!